these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Red River Blow-out...

OU vs. Texas.....every year about this time Dallas is taken over by burnt orange and crimson. The past 5 years the folks in crimson have gone home much happier than the burnt orange crowd. But after the whoopin' UT put on the Sooners today the Longhorn fans finally have something to cheer about. And tomorrow, Cowboys vs. Eagles......go 'boys!!

Our service tonight was great. We're looking forward to the new service times tomorrow. I'm interested to see which service will turn out to be the one most of our people attend. Our pastor, Keith Stewart, starts his series on sex this weekend. Chris Davis rocked out U2's "Desire" to kick the service off tonight. The worship time was slammin'. Our congregation has really become a responsive, worshipful group of people. There was a time when they just kind of sat and listened to the band, but over the last few months we have seen them respond well to our efforts to engage them in the worship service.

Yesterday was homecoming at the school I taught at the last 3 years of my teaching career. I have a couple of students at that school in my student ministry so I went to the pep rally, then to the game last night. I saw a ton of kids that I taught, and many of them made a point to come by and say hi. Almost everyone of the kids asked me about my new job. As I spoke to them about what they were doing in their life, and heard story after story of how they weren't sure about what they wanted to do, or where they were heading, I was able to take comfort in the fact that I am right where God wants me to be. There is nothing like the peace that comes from following God's call on your life and being in the place He has intended you to be.

Well, my oldest daughter should be home from her baby sitting job soon and I'm beat. John Heder is hosting Saturday Night Live tonight and it's hilarious, so I'm going to watch a little SNL and go to bed....I'm out....

No comments: