these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday, in the park..........

And so we're at the end of a long Saturday. My oldest daughter, Ashli, had a softball tournament that started at 7:00 a.m. today. Man...that feels really early on a Saturday. It was fun though, and she did well.

You know.... a couple of days ago I mentioned an issue with a parent not wanting their kid in a certain small group with "bad" kids. Well, she called the small group leader, had the same conversation, but this time referred to the kids in the group as "misfits." Wow! You know, fortunately in my career as a high school teacher/coach I learned how to bite my tongue at certain times.

It's that very attitude that has driven so many people away from church. The term "seeker friendly," or "seeker sensative" church has been thrown around a ton. In reality that should be the description used for any church. You can't share your light with the light and expect growth, and spiritual maturity. I know this is nothing new, and certainly deep theology, but why does it continue to permeate the church. People want to be met and accepted for who they are, and then explore the promises of a life in Christ. How can we expect people to want to be a part of our body, if we're busy trying to flush out the people that aren't just like us. I just don't understand.

Tonight's service was great. We tackled a tough topic, and it was done very well. Check it out at springcreekchurch.org. Three more times tomorrow.....I'm out.

Cowboys vs. Giants noon tomorrow.....thank goodness for TIVO. Have a great Sunday....I'm out...

No comments: