these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Busy Week...

I fully intended to get to this more consistently this week, and I've just been busy. Things will happen that I say to myself, you have got to blog about that, but then as the day goes by......it falls on to the back burner.

We have "The Net" this week for the first time in two weeks. This will actually be the first one since "Focus Weekend." We'll be starting a new book this week. For the next 6 weeks will be covering "Spiritual Growth." Working to be like Jesus in all that we do. That excites me. Having the chance to look at ourselves and identify our strengths and weaknesses and how we can use each other to encourage and strengthen our spiritual walk. I'm pumped!

Speaking of pumped....I had a four hour meeting yesterday about camp. It's going to be awesome. My buddy Van Minter and his group from Lake Ridge Bible Church are going to camp with us this year. We'll be going to Cloudcroft, NM. It is going to be great. We hashed out a lot of great ideas yesterday, and some not so good ones too. But it's all good and camp is going to be something you do not want to miss.

Well....the weekend is on us and we're kicking off a new series..."The Death of Religion." It should be a great one. This week we'll be talking about some of the problems with "religion." Sometimes it just seems that we, as the church, shoot ourselves in the foot by how we treat others and how we allow "religion" to get in the way of ministry. If I haven't already invited you, come hang out with us this weekend.

I'm leading a new series at my house titled "The Death of a Chihuahua" where I'll be talking about the systematic elimination of our dog the next time she pees on one of my socks. It doesn't matter that my sock should not have been in the floor...........pee goes outside. I'm out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a dog? Looks like Yoda to me..

bb

Unknown said...

***best yoda voice*** "Socks, Pee on you must!"