these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Brokeback.....

Why Men Hate Church......this is the title of our service this week. It's going to be great. I can't think of a better weekend than Super Bowl Sunday to address concerns that men have with coming to church. There are so many things about church that I never realized were more feminine than most men care for or want to be a part of on a regular basis.

For quite obvious reasons the term brokeback has become an adjective describing things that may seem more feminine. I'll not say much more, but we don't want our men feeling like they're involved in some sort of brokeback worship. I now have a folder on my laptop for brokeback worship songs and there will be an attempt to mix them with a good bit of rockin' stuff.

I'm going to go watch "24." Not a brokeback show.......I'm out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're killing me..you beat me to the punch...but I'm blogging about it anyway....