these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wakeup

I'm at First Baptist Church Arlington's Wake Up Weekend right now. We had a great night last night, and this morning was awesome. The kids are doing various service projects this afternoon so I'm hangin' out at the hotel.

I'm lovin' this weekend's theme and how everything is coming together. The whole "Punk'd" theme is great. As I've been studying and preparing I've been seeing all the ways the world punks us when we're not prepared and paying attention. All the different "untruths" that are thrown our way and made to look appealing and needed can destroy our lives slowly. The danger there is it's kind of like gaining weight. You don't see it happening until you've put on 20lbs, and then it's like where did that come from?

The students are really engaged with the worship and discussions we're having and I enjoy hangin' with them. I can' t wait to get back to my students tomorrow night and worship with them. When I get the opportunity to teach, the passion for teaching and ministering becomes stronger.

I'm going to go watch the Olympics and try to figure out what in the crap Curling is......I'm out..

No comments: