these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Sweet Home Chicago

It took a while...but we're here.

Jay and I left after the music part of the 11:30 service to catch a flight to Chicago. We were too late to check our bags at the airport, so they had to put us on standby. Fortunately the lady liked us, so she got us on a 2:00 flight instead of the 1:30 that we were supposed to be on. The weird thing is that it landed at the same time as the 1:30. Needless to say...we're here.

We got our rent car and made it to the hotel by 6:00ish. The hotel was so nasty. We just dropped our stuff off and drove to downtown Chicago. It only took us about 20 minutes to get down there, but then it took us about 45 to find a place to park. It's crazy down there. We finally parked and walked around looking for a place to eat and happened upon Ditka's. Very cool place....very good food. It was fun.....but we missed Grey's Anatomy, so Kelly has it TIVO'd for me when I get home.

We made it back to the hotel and that's not necessarily a good thing. It was just gross. So this morning as I'm standing in the shower that has less water pressure than someone peeing I made the decision to find somewhere else to stay. We're now in the Amerisuites, and it's great.

The conference starts in a bit so we're about to leave. It should be great. Third Day is in concert tonight, and my goal is to get a picture with them. Jay wants to stay at the hotel and watch the Bachelor.....but I'm not doing it. I'm still trying to earn my mancard back from watching it the last time and learning way too many details about the whole thing. I'm sure more will happen while we're here so stay tuned.....I'm out....

No comments: