these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Start......

Okay....so a great weekend ended on a down note with the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. Our services were great. Pastor Keith's message was solid, and as different as the rest of the service was programmed, it was a great weekend. I just can't get over Bob's version of Janet Jackson's "Control" dance. Classic! Check out the clip at springcreekchurch.org.

Nobody at my house had to be at school or work today, so it was nice hanging out with the fam. We had lunch together and stuff, and just hung out.

Shiloh Terrace Baptist Church in Mesquite, TX has a service called Footnote every Monday night. My friend Michael Moers, the youth pastor at Shiloh, is the man in charge. They did it for 6 weeks in the fall, and it will run through April 24 this spring. I get to lead worship at these services with my band Envoy. They are really cool services. It's a lot of fun having the opportunity to lead this service with Dave Edwards (davetown.com). It's just a very worshipful time for me personally to be a part of these services with 3 of my best friends (Greg, Michael, and Scott) and have the chance to be a part of these services. Needless to say, Monday was a good start to the week.

There is something a little concerning though. I caught myself watching "The Bachelor" with my wife tonight for the second week in a row. I know their names, and was getting mad at certain girls for the way they were acting. I was voicing opinions out loud and getting into commercial time conversations about the show. It was a total brokeback moment and I apologize to all of my guy friends for my lapse. I'm going to watch "Tombstone." I'm out.....

No comments: