these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Everybody's workin' for the weekend....

S-A-T-U-R.....D-A-Y NIGHT......nothin' wrong with a little Bay City Rollers on the weekend.

We went and saw "Eight Below" last night. Good story....good movie. We took my two daughters to see it with us. The boy was spending the night with a friend. Ashli (my oldest), and I have a little game at the movies. At a totally stupid time during the movie (previews, feature, whatever), she screams like something in the movie scared the dog out of her. She gets lunch, a snow cone, or something like that and I laugh my head off. It's great fun.

I don't know of anything much better than sleeping in a thunderstorm. Last night was an awesome storm! Rain, lightning, thunder....it was great. It woke me up about 3:00 a.m....and I laid there for a little bit, then rolled over to the cool side of the pillow and slept like a baby. A really big baby, but a baby none the less.

I'm sitting here with my son, waiting for my wife to get back from my middle daughter, Brooke's dance competition. Their awards ceremony started at 10:30 p.m. WHAT? Somebody help me understand the whole dance team thing. I'm really trying, but I just don't get it. It's not the dance thing in general....she's really talented. It's just the attitude of a lot of the girls and their moms. Oh my gosh. It's really mind boggling at times. And the costumes don't help either. I do know one thing.....if I started over again and it was all about the money. I'd open a dance studio. They make some serious jack.

Well....it's about time to go to bed. Services tomorrow......awesome!

I'm out....

No comments: